January 1st 2008 A New Year - A New Start - A Message To All


Happy New Year to one and all. Lets hope this one pan's out to be as good as 2007. Now as the first blog of the year as many of you who read this will now know, Thursday nights have now been given a back burner for what may be the foreseeable future. A shame but an inevitable outcome to the dwindling demand for the Karaoke. We have had a good run at it to be fair, with the locals enjoying the night now for many years, and this goes back to when Andy was at the Sneyd in the good old day's. As a group we have been together now for almost 20 years, so some serious ties and friendships have been formed in that time, ties that to others may seem to be something they are far from, but through thick and thin we have stuck together and delivered week after week to countless people who have become firm friends with us over the years.
2007 ended on a bit of a sour note for some of us, and others have misconstrued this as a ridiculous notion that we are, well me mainly 'bullies' (Tar one of us you tar us all). How far from the truth do certain people want to stray. Now I'm far from petty, and certain individuals have taken it upon themselves to do the thing they accuse me of themselves, but in the true sense of the word bully, they have chosen to hide behind a pseudonym of their real name, and not as a nick name given to them by friends, as I have done with my blog from the start. My views are my own, and if I don't like someone or something, then that is my opinion, and in the old days things would of been dealt with in a very different way, and the nameless individuals, who find it easy to post childish comments about an opinion then go off and do the same themselves, would of suffered a fate far worse than being called a few name's. I mean Shaun, just imagine what Allan would of made of all this and how he would of dealt with it. I'm sure if he still reads this (he informs me he does) then he may make 2008 the year of his comeback!
If the kids want their fun then I am big enough to let them have it, after all if my comments have provoked a response then fair enough. On the other hand I am not about to be made to look like a bully by someone who doesn't know the meaning of the word. From now on I will refrain from any nit picking at what has been said previously and draw a line under the whole thing, no apologies for what was said that was meant, but lets face it the nameless coward hasn't the guts to even name themselves, let alone apologise for what they have said.

Karaoke is about entertaining people. We have spent years entertaining people. In the dark days we entertained ourselves, as we were often the only people out on cold nights in winters. Some of the thing that have been said on another blog have struck a firm note to me and my friends, and as my life as a 'bully' is over before it began, then I will say only one more thing on the subject. if you want to have a pop at me then fine, stand up be a man and instead of trying to make out I'm the villain in all this, try and find facts out first before you make a fool of yourself. Believe me if i wanted to make comments about people I would do it to their face and loud enough for everyone to hear, something I have not done. I have become firm friends with Nicky, and was proud to have her come to my wedding reception and sing on our karaoke. She is a wonderful individual who suffers a great deal in her private life, and as I have always been one to stick up for the little people, like me she has overcome her hardships to become a person who loves to live. To be accused of being a wannabe rock star is one thing that I may of chuckled at as well, I mean lets face it that's why we all get up on Karaoke in the first place to sing like our favourite artists do. I have never claimed to be the best singer in the world, but I know I am as good as anyone else who gets up, and I applaud anyone who has the guts to get up, no matter how bad they may or may not be, but when people try to ruin things for people who are their to enjoy themselves, then I feel its up to me as a veteran of Karaoke nights, to let them know that sometimes enough is enough. That is meant as a suggestion nothing more. I have been accused of many things but I will not bow down to being petty enough to fall for childish games, which I am far to grown up to be bothered with. If you don't like who you are or what you represent they get a new life and stop trying to blame others for you own shortcomings.
Five years ago I was blessed enough to find someone who believes in me, and will always be by my side. A few weeks before we were due to be married, a low life tried to be funny by attempting to sabotage our wedding plans. They may not of thought it at the time, in fact I'm sure they thought it was a big joke, but the events that took place were very distressing for my better half. Not many people seemed to see our side of it and thought the old me was just looking for a fight, but if it was their wedding plans that were being played with then I'm sure their views would change. Luckily nothing happened and the day and night went perfectly, but a red mist had been released and was still looking for the joker to take it out on them. For a whole year the paths did not cross, but then with the cancellation of our night then our paths were sure to cross again, and they did, which resulted in me losing my usual calm exterior and almost coming to blows, but hey such is life and nothing happened. Now some may wonder' if I'm such a 'bully' why nothing happened. Well the reason is simple, I never hit a coward, even when egged on by the staff who find certain individuals very annoying as well, and a coward is all this person is really. I on the other hand will not tolerate anyone taking this argument to my wife, because that is a line you don't want to cross. She has been my brick for a long time, and if people were to ask then they would realise just how much she has changed my life. For this reason then I would recommend that you refrain from subjecting her to your childishness, because if she is upset again, then that is a war you do not want.
This has been a rather cold start to 2008, and I'm not sure that the mind numbingly stupid readers who will run along and copy what I have done in their own way, will get what has been said here, but I'm sure their more intelligent friends may have a word in their shell like and let them know that as long as lines are not crossed then all will be well. Shaun, bless his cotton socks, has been drawn into this, and as a good friend of mine, he will know where I am coming from when I say this has become a ridiculous situation. He has tried to keep everyone happy and has been a 'friend' to all, but as the designer of most of what we see on the Karaoke screen, then I'm sure it hurts him more as all he wants to do is go up and sing, just like I do. His lists throughout 2007 were done for his own curiosity, and were great fun. I used my blog list to entertain the people I know, and any other passing readers. But if you don't like my views then don't read them, I'm not asking you too. There has been a lot of hard work put into our blogs, and if your not happy with what is in the blog your not forced to read it. But how is it that for someone so hurt by my supposed jibes and comments, that they read mine and then scuttle off home to write their own, now how petty is that!
When done and said all this is going to be a new year with a lot of hope for all of us. I wish all my friends the very best in 2008. As for the others, well I'm man enough to draw a line under what has gone on, and if they feel they need to push the wrong buttons then so be it, but to refer to my earlier 'Piss Us Off At Your Peril' comment let me rephrase it as 'Piss Me Off At Your Peril'. My lines have been drawn, if you wish to cross them then that is up to you, but remember this, I have been intelligent enough not to do anything stupid yet, but after some comments my patience is wearing thin. I will not have my wife upset. She has been forced to make comments at your petty remarks as she was upset at the things people have wrongly accused me of, people not worthy of being mentioned in polite conversation.
Good Luck to all your endeavours in 2008. I will continue to bring you the most entertaining blog that is humanly possible, and if you don't like it you don't have to read it. Karaoke is still going to remain high on the agenda for the year, regardless of what night it is on, and Captain Jack, Tina, Hayley, Andy and Shaunio, Into The IUnknown himself, will be their to enjoy it as we have done for many years before and many years to come, after all we are the best of friends and will stick together whatever life throws at us.

Happy 2008