Thursday 3rd May

Oh Yes Its Ladies Night Oh What A Night!!!!!!!!!

Yes here we are again on what proved to be one of the most entertaining and embarrassing nights of the year so far. In our drunken stupor of a week ago we had decided to pull out a theme night for the bank holiday weekend, and unfortunately it turned out that the girls remembered, and therefore we had to brace ourselves for the onslaught of comments. I can safely say that I had done no rehearsal for any of the songs I eventually sang, and I know I always wish to sing more than the three on the night, but to be fair I don't think I would of handled more than three.
Shaun, of course ever the professional, had mentioned to his work colleagues of the for mentioned ladies night and of course they all turned up to give us their support! Of course this means that when they get up to sing Shaun zaps them with his magic camera and amazingly within days they appear on You Tube as internet stars! At least Captain Jacks on screen antics have been kept to a minimum so far, but I'm sure he will make sure that that changes soon.
All in all the night went really well, and the songs all seemed to go down a treat, although from the songs we picked for ourselves I do think they are better being left to the girls. We managed to get through them without any real mishaps, even Andy joined in with the spirit of it all and sang a couple of crackers (including a duet with myself)
The blog is a little late this week as with it being Bank Holiday weekend I have had an extremely busy schedule. On Saturday it was our annual works bash to Uttoxeter Races and for once I had a very profitable day! But of course the free booze took its toll so all of Saturday night and most of Sunday was a blur! Saturday also saw the end of the season for one of the football teams I support Port Vale who beat Bournemouth 2-1. This has been the first time for a long time I have missed the last game of the season, but this season has been very disappointing after a promising start and petered out into a pretty dismal year. Highlight of the season were of course the cup trip to Spurs when we gave the Premiership team a run for their money, eventually losing 3-1 in extra time. Low point of the season was of course our dismal F.A. Cup performance at Hereford losing 4-0 to a bunch of cattle proders!
Of course there was another major bonus this weekend. My other team Manchester United, regaining the Premiership title from Chelsea after the 1-0 win at Man City and Chelsea only drawing 1-1 at Arsenal. Of course they would probably of won the title this year anyway as they have been the best team by a country mile this year, and apart from the disappointing result in Milan on Wednesday, this season has been one of many positives. The highlight of the season had to be the 7-1 thumping of Roma in the Champions League and the low point was the defeat to Milan, not so much of the result, but the fact that playing Liverpool in the final would of been a spectacular night for English football. Still the F.A. Cup final verses Chelsea does promise to be one of the best finals in recent history with two teams at the top of their game playing for the famous old trophy at the new Wembley.
Sunday night was also a bit of an event. The wife was very excited at the prospect of going to see Journey South of X-Factor fame at our local Chicago Rock Cafe. Now joking aside the boys are quite a good band, although quite why they drop to this level I'm not sure as they are much better than having to do this. They performed six tracks very well on the night, and proved they can sing live and harmonise very well still together. They do have a second album out in the summer and I wish the boys all they best as they are rockers at heart so they are ok in my book.
On then, too tonight's tracks. They were as follows 1.Catch You by Sophie Ellis Bextor (SF252-06) 2. Come As You Are by Beverley Knight (SFMW877-10) and finally No More Tears (Enough Is Enough) by Barbera Striesand & Donna Summer (DK2007)

Catch You by Sophie Ellis Bextor

Now don't get me wrong this is a great track. The girls have had a go at this one a few times it the last few weeks, and I thought it would suit a male vocal, but it is a very hard song to sing, but I had a go and gave it my best shot. It was a bit nervy to say the least but it went quite well up to the bridge towards the end where it goes off on one. Note to self listen to the song before you sing it! do again rating 0/10

Come As You Are by Beverley Knight

Now again this is a great track but another that is definitely best left to the girls. It didn't help either with the fact I didn't know the version that Andy had on Karaoke so I got completely lost halfway through it but again gave it my best shot and I do think it didn't sound that bad. Much prefer the original though. do again rating 0/10

No More Tears (Enough Is Enough) by Barbera Streisand & Donna Summer

Now as duets go this was probably not mine and Andy's finest hour, but I have heard Andy sing it before albeit with a lady! So no worries at all about singing a song I had no idea about how it went. Well disco was never my strongpoint anyway so singing a disco classic was always going to be a tough call! Now I'm not sure if I ended up as Summer or Streisand but I never realised they came from Bolton, as singing this one a la Pater Kay was a much easier attempt when you had no idea how it went. And to think I wanted to do Sister's Are Doing It For Themselves!
do again rating a resounding 0/10

Well there it is another night of treats for the people who made it out this Bank Holiday weekend. I'm sure that next week we will all be back to normal as I know both myself and Shaun are itching at singing some new stuff and I have a special treat for everyone coming up but it's top secret hush hush at the moment! All will be revealed soon. See you all soon and until next time I leave you all with your Homer fix.







Mr Burns : We don't have to be adversaries Homer, we both want a fair union contract ...
Homer's Brain : Why is Mr.Burns being so nice to me?
Mr Burns : and if you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours ...
Homer's Brain : Wait a minute, is he coming onto me?
Mr Burns : I mean, if I should slip something into your pocket, what's the harm?
Homer's Brain : Oh my God! He IS coming onto me!
Mr Burns : After all, negotiations make strange bed-fellows.
Homer's Brain : (Screams)
Homer : Sorry Mr. Burns, but I don't go in for these backdoor shenanigans . Sure I'm flattered, maybe even a little curious, but the answer is no!

No comments: