Thursday 8th February

Another Thursday night and it was very quiet this week due to the snow we had today. As always happens on a quiet night you get more song's in and therefore tend to drink more than on a normal night,this make's getting up for work the next day even more interesting what with snow,ice and a killer hangover to boot! Louise was absent also this week so that put more pressure on the wife and Tina to come up with enough song's to fill the night,even though this didn't stop us all from getting a bit tipsy, largely due to the fact of mixing stella (carlsberg is for girls Shaun!) Jack Daniel's and our new fave Sambuca and lemonade.

Anyway back to the singing. My song's tonight were as follow's 1. Leg's by ZZ Top (TU219-05) 2. Whistle for the Choir by The Fratellis (T15049) 3. Wasting My Time by Default (SC8732-09) 4. Shine by Take That (SF251-07) 5. Piece's Don't Fit Anymore by James Morrison (SF250-17) 6. Call Me by Spagna (SB02459) 7. In The End by Linkin Park (SF185-14)

Legs by ZZ Top

First song so obligatory nerve's but went down ok. Was a bit higher than I expected but coped ok. Good old school rock track.

Whistle for the Choir by The Fratellis

Shaun popped me this one off to practice about an hour before we went to the hotel so only had one attempt at it before going live! Felt it was ok as it's quite an easy song to sing, good melody and low vocal so no high note's to worry about. The Fratellis are one of the best band's around at the moment and this is probably the only one of their track's i can cope with so will probably do this one again.

Wasting My Time by Default

Again only tried this one at home once so a bit wary to do it. Had this one in mind to do for a few week's but only got round to it tonight and found it quite easy as it suit's my vocal's. Kind of rock/ballad so keep's the rock chick's happy. Will definately do it again soon.

Shine by Take That

Second week in a row at this one,and a big improvement on last week's. It's a winner and i'm beginning to prefer this one to Patience as it's more upbeat.

Pieces Don't Fit Anymore by James Morrison

Not done this one for a while so didn't know how to go at it. Last time I sang it I put my own slant on it as i find that the original vocal is a bit too low, but this time I tried it low and it still was ok but will do it next time my way.

Beer has now kicked in

Call Me by Spagna

This was done as a reqest by Tina and the wife for me and Shaun to duet. This 80's classic was a cracking song in it's day and used to have the people bouncing off the wall's in the summer of 87. Our version was not like this at all! Shaun stopped dueting after one line and I got to the chorus and gave up so in tribute to the great Spagna enjoy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2p96brgxKE

In The End by Linkin Park

Me and Shaun again to redeem ourselves at the end of the night. This is probably our best duet as it involve's Shaun rapping and me singing and it's one of the few song's this happen's in,so we've always been able to pull this one off with ease. As usual it went down ok even though the pub was almost empty by the time we sung it.

So all round another good week. Hopefully next week the weather will be better so should be a better night. One other thing, in my drunken state I may have inadvertantly attempted to join a band as a, wait for it, singer. Hmm don't know how to approach this one as yet so will keep you posted......Watch this space!!!!

1 comment:

Shaun said...

You'd have been carrying me home if I changed the Carlsberg for Stella!

I can't believe you thought we could that Spagna, lol. I honestly could not remember how it went at all and so I don't think I even sang one line before walking off :o

and yes, Jo was trying to get you ring someone to give them an audition to join their band...as a singer. Don't think Hayley was too impressed :D :D