Thusrday 1st Feb 2007

First Thursday back after a few weeks break at the Karaoke. Great to see the old gang again and Shaun brought a few work mates along to spice it up a bit, although I don't think they will be knocking us off top billing! After having a break from the hotel for three weeks, it felt strange to get back up and sing and I wasn't helped by the fact that the first song I put in didn't work so had to improvise! The tracks I sang this week were as follows: 1. Carry On My Wayward Son by Kansas (SC8227-02) 2. Shine by Take That (SF251-07) 3. Somebody To Love by Queen (Ob01-03) and
4. Patience by Take That (EKI01-01)
Kansas went down like a lead balloon but I think nerve's, and the fact nobody apart from me had heard it before, played a part in that. Shine need's a little work. Queen is always a tough one to attempt, too much to live up too with the great Freddie Mercury's awesome vocal ability, but this was probably my song of the night, even manageing to get a compliment from someone in the pub! Finally, Patience got the obligitory clap at the end to round off the night (Thank you Andy K) So four song's in and not too bad a night, apart from one of Shaun's mates from work thinking Hayley (The Wife) was my daughter..... Boy has he got hell to pay if he does that again, the wife will beat him to a pulp!!!

2 comments:

Shaun said...

heh, cool, you got a blog too :)

As said before, I'd not heard of that Kansas track before and neither had Lisa so I'm not suprised there weren't too many in the pub that didn't know it either. Still, if we only sang songs that people knew we'd never get out of the Westlife section of the book...bleeuurghhh! ;)

Besides, you more than made up for it with the other tracks. I thought you did a pretty good job of Shine and Patience was spot on as usual.

god.. what am I saying! :p

Louise said...

Ok I feel this has now become a bit of a challenge. I will now be posting my own thoughts of our thursday nights out on my blog. in fact I will post a comment right now.
As usual you did a good job of your songs but I am not going to overpraise as you should always leave room for improvement!
Lou x